XP-80, XP-60: Splitting the Keyboard
To split the keyboard, the XP-80 needs to be in PERFORMANCE LAYER Mode. For the purposes of this example, we will select PR-A: 12 POP SET 1. This particular Performance is in PERFORMANCE SINGLE Mode (which is primarily used for sequencing). We will change it to PERFORMANCE LAYER Mode.
Use the following procedure to select PR-A: POP SET 1:
1. Press PERFORM.
2. Hold SHIFT and press number 1 on the keypad.
3. Use the VALUE DIAL to select "PR-A: 12 POP SET 1."
Use the following procedure to split the keyboard:
1. Press F1 [Common].
2. Use the CURSOR buttons to select "KEY MODE" and use the VALUE DIAL to select "LAYER."
3. Press F4 [MIDI](make sure the TRACK/PART #1 button is lit).
4. Use the CURSOR and TRACK/PART buttons to select the "Local Switch."
5. Use the VALUE DIAL to select "ON."
6. Repeat steps 4-5 for Part 2.
7. Press PERFORM, then F2 [K. Range].
8. Use the CURSOR buttons and the VALUE DIAL to select "C4:G9" for PART 1 and "C-1:B3" for PART 2.
NOTE: There will now be a Piano Patch for the upper keyboard range and a Bass Patch on the lower keyboard range.
Use the following procedure to select sounds for the two parts:
1. Press F3 [Part](make sure the TRACK/PART #1 button is
2. Use the CURSOR buttons and the VALUE DIAL to select the desired PATCH GROUP and PATCH NUMBER.
3. Press the TRACK/PART 2 button and select the desired PATCH GROUP and PATCH NUMBER.
4. Press PERFORM to return to the play screen.
NOTE: Part 1 will play on the right side of the keyboard and Part 2 will play on the left side of the keyboard.
NOTE: By repeating these steps for additional Parts (3 through 16), you can add additional Patches, each with their own Key Range.