SPD-20: Assigning the Midi Note Number and Channel From External Pads connected to the SPD-20.
It is possible to trigger sounds in an external sequencer or sound module with pads connected to the trigger inputs of the SPD-20. Use the following procedure to assign the midi note # and transmit channel for one of the pads.
1. Select a desired Patch (1-99) using the PATCH/VALUE + - buttons.
2. Press EDIT.
3. Press the SELECT button until the LED is lit under the word "MIDI."
4. Press the UP or DOWN cursor so the LED is lit next to "INST."
5. Strike the EXTERNAL pad.
6. Use the PATCH/VALUE + - buttons to select the desired midi channel.
7. Press the DOWN cursor so the LED is lit next to "LEVEL."
8. Use the PATCH/VALUE + - buttons to select the desired Note number to be transmitted.
9. Press EDIT when finished.