It's possible to import .WAV files into the HPD-20's memory and then assign them to the on-board pads (or to an external pad). Here are the steps:
1. Insert your USB memory key (thumb drive) into one of the available USB ports on your computer.
2. Once it shows as an external device, transfer your .WAV file to the USB key.
3. Eject / remove the USB key from the computer.
4. Insert the USB key into the USB MEMORY port on the back panel of the HPD-20.
5. Press MENU on the HPD-20.
6. Press the cursor down button to highlight the "USER INST" icon, and then press ENTER.
7. Press cursor left to highlight "IMPORT," and then press ENTER.
8. Press the function 3(F3) button (IMPORT).
9. Press the (+) or ( - ) button to choose a user instrument number location to import the .WAV to.
10. Press F3 (EXECUTE) - "Now importing.." appears in the display.
When the import process has finished, you will return the import menu.
Press KIT to exit.
Now, you can assign your new .WAV to a pad. Here's how:
1. Choose a Kit to edit.
2. Press MENU.
3. Cursor to highlight the "INST" icon, and then press ENTER.
4. Hit the pad that you'd like to assign the new .WAV file to.
5. Press the cursor up button to highlight the Instrument Group.
6. Press the (+) button repeatedly to select "USER."
7. Press cursor down once.
8. Press (+) or ( - ) to choose the desired instrument that you have imported.
9. Repeat Steps 4 and 8 to assign any other pads as desired.
10. Press KIT when you're finished. The new settings are saved automatically.