R-70: Assigning Instruments for use via MIDI
The R-70 can play two of its drum kits at the same time. There are two ways to
complete this procedure.
1) The R-70 contains two preset drum kits that contain all instruments
(including copy instruments) called ALL1 and ALL2. If you choose these kits,
every instrument you use in the R-70 will play back properly with out any
2) You can also customize your drum kit to contain particular instruments you
wish to use. Use USER 1-4 drum kits to make your own drum kits.
The R-70 has two MIDI channels that contain most of the main drum instruments.
These channels are typically set to 10 and 11, but can be altered using the
1) Press MIDI followed by 1 (If you do not have the option to select 1 on the
screen, press NO/EXIT twice followed by MIDI and 1.
2) The Instrument Section in the upper right of the screen can be changed if
desired by using the CURSOR buttons and VALUE SLIDER.
3) The MIDI Channel in the bottom left of the screen can be changed if desired
by using the CURSOR buttons and VALUE SLIDER.
4) Press EXIT to leave this screen.
Use the following procedure to select a drum kit for the desired MIDI channels.
1) Each of the INST 1 and INST 2 sections must be assigned a drum kit.
2) Press MIDI followed by 2 (If do not have the option to select 1 on the
screen, press NO/EXIT twice followed by MIDI and 2.)
3) Press 1 to change which Drum Set is assigned to INST 1 and INST 2.
4) Use the CURSOR BUTTONS and VALUE SLIDER to select the appropriate kit for
your use; ALL1 and ALL2 or USER1 and USER2.
5) Press NO/EXIT followed by 2 to select Exit.
Use the following procedure to assign instruments to the desired note numbers
of USER drum sets.
1) Each Instrument must have an assigned note number in order to play.
2) Move the cursor to the top of the screen to select the current set and
change it to USER 1-4.
3) From this location, press the LEFT CURSOR button and use the value dial to
4) Press the key on your keyboard assigned to the appropriate channel.
5) Press the pad for the instrument you would like to assign to that note
followed by the YES button.