XP-50: Creating a Layered Sound
The XP-50 can create huge layers consisting of up to 16 different instruments.
In order to create layers of multiple instruments, it is necessary to be in
Performance Mode and to put the desired instruments on the same MIDI channel.
Use the following procedure to create a layered sound:
1) Press PERFORM.
2) Press EDIT.
3) Press COMMON.
4) Use the CURSOR buttons to select Key Mode and use the CURSOR buttons to
5) Press PALETTE to view multiple parts.
6) Press PART.
7) Use the CURSOR buttons to select the parts you want to layer.
8) Use the CURSOR buttons and the VALUE dial to select the desired Patch Group
and Patch Number.
9) Press the EDIT button so it is not lit.
10) Press the TX and RX buttons simultaneously.
11) Use the PART 1-8 (9-16) buttons (under the window) to select the Parts you
want to layer.
To write into memory:
1) Press DISK/UTILITY.
2) Use the CURSOR buttons to select 1:WRITE and press ENTER.
3) Use the VALUE dial to select your destination and press ENTER.
4) Use the VALUE dial to turn the Internal Write Protection OFF.
5) Press ENTER twice to write the Performance.