GR-30: Sending Program Changes To An External Device
The Roland GR-30 allows you to call up patches on an external MIDI device by
sending MIDI Program Change messages. Use the following procedure to send
Program Change messages to an external MIDI device:
1) Connect a MIDI Cable from MIDI OUT on the GR-30 to MIDI IN on the external
3) Use the EDIT TARGET dial to select MIDI.
3) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select [A] for PG CHNG#.
4) Use the STRING SELECT dial to select ALL.
5) Press the EDIT/PLAY button.
6) Use the [+] or [-] buttons to select the Program Change number that you
would like to be sent when this Patch is selected.
7) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select 'WRITE TO' and use the [-] or [+]
buttons to select a Patch location. (Remember that this procedure will
overwrite the old Patch in this location).
8) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select 'WRITE PATCH' and press the [-] and
[+] buttons simultaneously to WRITE the patch into memory.