All current Roland pads are compatible with the TD-30. For optimum trigger results, it's best to match the Trigger Type with the type of pad being used. Doing so "tells" the TD-30 what type of pad is connected to the input and automatically optimizes the sensitivity settings for that pad.
Use the following steps to choose the Trigger Type for a pad in the TD-30.
1. Press the TRIGGER button.
2. Press F1(BANK).
3. Hit the pad or press the TRIG SELECT (</>) buttons to choose the pad that you'd like to set the Trigger Type for.
4. Turn the dial to choose the Trigger Type - (For example, if you have a PD-105, choose "PD105X").
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for any remaining pads if necessary.
6. Press EXIT when you're finished. The new settings are saved automatically.