RD-170: Splitting the Keyboard
The RD-170 play two sounds in different sections of the keyboard. This is called a split. Use the following procedure to create a split:
1. Press SPLIT so its litthe UPPER and LOWER buttons will also light.
2. Press and hold the LOWER button and press the desired TONE SELECT button to choose a sound for the lower part of the keyboard.
3. Press and hold the UPPER button and press the desired TONE select button to choose a sound for the upper part of the keyboard.
4. Use the PART LEVEL sliders to adjust the levels for the two parts.
5. To exit Split mode, press SPLIT so its not lit.
Note: If you wish to change the split point, hold down SPLIT and press the key at which you want the split to occur.