The VS-2480 has both coaxial and optical inputs and outputs to pass digital audio in S/PDIF format. Use the following procedure to setup the VS-2480 to accept digital audio through the optical or coaxial input.
- Be sure that the sample rate of the external digital device and the sample rate of the VS-2480 project that is currently loaded are identical.
- Be sure that the external digital device outputs S/PDIF digital audio. The VS-2480 does not accept any other digital audio format--such as ADAT lightpipe, AES/EBU, etc.
- If you are using the VS-2480's coaxial input, be sure that you are using a coaxial cable designed specifically for digital audio. An RCA cable will not function properly.
- Press UTILITY.
- Press the PAGE button so that Page 1 is selected.
- Press F3(Proj).
- Use the CURSOR buttons so that the Cursor is in the "MASTER CLOCK" section.
- Use the TIME/VALUE dial to highlight COAXIAL IN or OPTICAL IN, depending on which input you are going to use.
- Press the ENTER button to change the Master Clock from "Internal" to the selected input. Depending on your choice in step 5, "Coaxial In Lock" or "Optical In Lock" will be displayed.
Note: You will also need to route the digital signal to a pair of channels on the input mixer. Use the following procedure to route the COAXIAL IN or OPTICAL IN to input Channels 1/2:
- Press EZ ROUTING.
- Using the ZOOM CURSOR buttons, highlight 1/2 on the top row of the input mixer.
- Rotate the TIME/VALUE dial so that a connection is made from INPUT MIXER 1/2 and COAX LR (or OPT LR) at the top of the screen.
- Using the CURSOR buttons and the TIME/VALUE dial, route the INPUT MIXER 1/2 to the desired "Recording Track." By default, inputs 1 and 2 are routed to Recording Tracks 1 and 2--as seen in the image below.
- Press DISPLAY/HOME to exit EZ ROUTING.
- Press the IN 1-16 button above the red MASTER fader to assign the faders as the INPUT MIXER.
- Bring up the fader volume of channels 1 and 2 to turn up the incoming audio from the coaxial or optical digital input.