The AR-2000 can receive MIDI data on all or any one of 16 MIDI channels. To set the MIDI Receive Channel on the AR-2000, use the following procedure:
1. Press the MODE button. The MODE indicator will light.
2. Rotate the SELECT dial to select "6.3 MIDI Channel."
3. Press the SELECT dial.
4. Rotate the SELECT dial to select the MIDI channel (off, 1-16, all).
Off: MIDI messages will be ignored.
All: MIDI messages received on any channel will playback phrases.
5. Press the SELECT dial.
6. Rotate the SELECT dial to select "SET." If you select "EXIT," the setting will be canceled.
7. Press the ENTER button to set the specified MIDI receive channel.
8. Press the MODE button. The MODE indicator will go out.