VS-2000CD: Using an External Effect with the Direct Bus
When setting up external effects, such as compressors or other dynamic processors, you will want to utilize the Direct bus.
First, check in the EZ ROUTING Output Assign screen and make sure the DIR 1/2 bus is assigned to the AUX output.
1. Connect the VS-2000's AUX output(s) to the input(s) of your external effects processor. Then, connect the outputs of the processor to two unused inputs on the VS-2000CD.
2. Press the CH EDIT[MASTER] button. It should light up orange.
3. Press the CH EDIT button or Input Select button for the channel you wish to send to the effects processor.
4. Cursor down the DIR box, highlight "1" with the TIME/VALUE dial and press ENTER[YES]. This selects which Direct Out you're using to send the signal to the external effects processor.
5. Cursor to the Mix box and turn it to "OFF". Press HOME[DISPLAY] to Exit.
6. Raise the input level for the inputs you're using as a return from the external processor. You should hear the effected signal at this time through these inputs. To record the signal, route those inputs to available tracks.
Note: If this is a stereo input/track channel, use DIR 1 and 2 to send the signal to the stereo inputs of the external effects processor.