Bouncing tracks on the VS-880 can be done in Input-Track or Track Mix mode. It is often quicker and easier for the VSs user to do this in Input-Track mode. Use the following procedure to bounce tracks 1-6 to tracks 7 and 8 in Input-Track mode:
1. Hold SHIFT and press SELECT to choose Input-Track Mode (if necessary).
2. Press the STATUS buttons on tracks 1-6 until they are green, indicating play status.
3. Press PLAY to play back your song. Adjust levels (with faders) and panning position (with pan knobs) on tracks 1-6 to your liking. Also, make any EQ or effects changes to the song while listening, if desired.
4. Press CH EDIT 7, then hold SHIFT and press CH EDIT 1.
5. "CH 7 Input=" will be displayed. Use the TIME/VALUE dial to select "MIX-L".
6. Press CH EDIT 8. "CH 8 Input=" will be displayed. Use the TIME/VALUE dial to select "MIX-R".
7. Press the STATUS buttons on tracks 7 & 8 until they blink red (record ready). Bring faders on 7 & 8 all the way down.
8. Locate to the beginning of your song by pressing ZERO.
9. Press the REC transport button, followed by PLAY. The audio from tracks 1-6 will be recorded onto tracks 7 & 8.
10. When the bounce is done (the song is over), pan track 7 all the way to the left, and track 8 all the way to the right. Mute tracks 1-6 (pressing the STATUS buttons until they are unlit), press the STATUS buttons on 7 & 8 until they are in play mode (green), bring up faders on tracks 7 & 8, press ZERO to rewind your song to the beginning and press PLAY to listen to the bounced recording.