For optimum trigger results, it's best to match the Trigger Type with the type of pad being used with the TD-6V. Doing so "tells" the TD-6V what type of pad is connected to the input and automatically optimizes the sensitivity settings for that pad.
Here's how to set the Trigger Type for a pad:
1. Hold SHIFT and press SETUP/EDIT.
2. Press the cursor right (>) button to choose TRIG BASIC, and then press ENTER.
3. Hit the pad that you'd like to set the Trigger Type for.
4. Press + or - to select the Trigger Type. (For example, for a CY-5 pad, choose "CY Type").
5. Press EXIT when you're finished. The new settings are saved automatically.