SP-404: Importing WAV/AIFF Files From a Computer
1. Format a Compact Flash card with the SP-404.
2. Insert the formatted card into a card reader connected to your computer.
3. Go to your computer. If any windows pop up, close them. On Macs, "FUGUEFAT" will show up as a drive on your desktop. On PCs, it will appear in your "My Computer" folder.
4. Drag your .WAV or AIFF files (8 or 16-bit, 44.1kHz ONLY) directly into the FUGUEFAT folder.
5. Eject the SP-404 drive from your computer. On Macs, drag the drive to the trash. On PCs, click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
6. Insert the card back into the SP-404.
7. On the SP-404, make sure [PATTERN SELECT] is not lit.
8. While holding [CANCEL], press [RESAMPLE]. "FiL" will appear in the display.
9. Press [REC]. "iNP" appears in the display and the pads will start flashing.
10. Press one of the BANK buttons to select the destination bank. Press the import destination pad. [REC] will start flashing.
11. Press [REC]. When the dots in the display stop flashing, your import is complete.