The following is a list of guidelines to help you choose a compatible Compact Flash card for the BR-864, BR-900CD and BR-600:
- TYPE: Compact Flash Type 1
- SIZE: 32MB - 1GB capacity. Larger cards cannot be formatted.
- QUALITY: Using major brands such as Sandisk, Panasonic, Kingston and Lexar is preferred.
- SPEED: Use slow speed cards only that are 40X speed or slower and/or 6 MB per second transfer rate or slower.
Where to Find CF Cards:
- If you need a new card, we recommend looking online for these. Since Compact Flash card manufacturers stopped producing these types of slow speed 1GB cards, we no longer have direct resources for where to purchase them. As a result of Compact Flash card companies dropping manufacturing of these types of cards, they are generally no longer on store shelves and consumers from all industries are finding them increasingly difficult to acquire.
- You can find these cards at a computer or electronic store or online. In the past, a good source for ordering a slow speed CF card was: www.oempcworld.com
Do not use cards that are considered "Hi Speed" or that are labeled "Ultra" or "Extreme"--these cards are not compatible. If the speed specification information is not listed in the product information, you may want to contact the seller of the card you are purchasing to acquire this information--even if the card contains a "BOSS" logo.