SPD-S: Using the Phrase Maker
The phrase maker allows you to temporarily record a pad performance.
1. Press PATCH so its lit, and then select a patch youd like to play.
2. Press and hold PHRASE MAKER so its lit.
3. Use the + or buttons to select a desired tempo.
4. Press START/STOP.
5. Play the pads.
6. When youve finished your performance, press START/STOP.
7. Press START/STOP to hear your recorded phrase.
Now that a phrase has been created, you can save it permanently as a new wave. This process is referred to as resampling. Use the following procedure to resample the phrase you just recorded:
1. Press RESAMPLE.
2. Press PAGE > to display resample, sure?
3. Press ENTERnow processing.. appears momentarily in the display, followed by write?
4. Press ENTER.
5. Press START/STOP to hear your newly sampled wave.