VGA-3: GK Setup (detailed)
After attaching the GK pickup to your guitar use the following steps to properly setup the VGA-3:
1. With the 13 pin cable, connect one end to the GK-pickup's 13 pin output, and the other end to the VGA-3's GK input.
2. While holding the TUNER button, press the PICKUP button.
3. Turn the GUITAR TYPE knob to select "LP."
4. Press the MEMORY button 1 or 2 to choose the direction in which your pickup is attached;
Press (1) for Normal - if the GK pickup cable is closer to string 6 (low E string).
Press (2) for Reverse - if the GK pickup cable is closer to string 1 (High E string).
5. Turn the GUITAR TYPE Knob to select "HOLLOW."
Press MEMORY (1) for "NORMAL" - the phase will remain unchanged.
Press MEMORY (2) for "INVERSE" - the phase will be reversed.
6. To set the GK S1/S2 function, turn the GUITAR TYPE knob to select "12 STRING/ELECTRIC."
Press MEMORY button 1,2,3 or 4 to select the desired function;
Memory (1): The S1/S2 buttons (on the GK pickup) select the position of the COSM guitar pickups. (i.e Front-Center-Rear).
Memory (2): The S1/S2 buttons select the pickups in a reverse order than memory 1.
Memory (3): Selects MANUAL/TUNER mode. S1 switches between Manual and Memory mode. S2 Switches the Tuner on and off.
Memory (4): Sets the S1/S2 buttons to select memory locations. S1= Memory up. S2= Memory down.
7. To adjust the sensitivity of each string, turn the GUITAR TYPE knob to select "STANDARD."
While playing the sixth (low E) string repeatedly, press one of the MEMORY buttons (1-10) to set the sensitivity value. The PICKUP led's on the VGA-3 show the level. The led's light from the bottom up in response to how strongly you play the string. Set the value so that the center led lights and the upper led lights only occasionally.
Continue setting the sensitivity for the remaining strings in the same manner;
5th string: Turn the GUITAR TYPE knob to select 12 "STRING/ACOU."
4th string: Turn the GUITAR TYPE knob to select "SYNTH LEAD."
3rd string: Turn the GUITAR TYPE knob to select "SYNTH PAD."
2nd string: Turn the GUITAR TYPE knob to select "SLOW GEAR."
1st string: Turn the GUITAR TYPE knob to select "POLY OCTAVE."
8. When finished, press the TUNER button. The new settings are stored automatically.