RD-700SX: Assigning Expression To An EV-5 or EV-7
Use the following procedure to assign Expression to an EV-5 or EV-7 pedal connected to the RD-700SX:
1. Connect the EV-5/7 to the FC1 jack on the back of the keyboard.
2. Turn the rotary dial on the EV-5/7 to the "0" (zero) position.
3. On the RD-700SX, press EDIT so it is lit.
4. Use the UP/DOWN CURSOR buttons to select "0.SYSTEM"
5. Press ENTER.
6. Use the LEFT CURSOR to select the first SYSTEM page.
7. Use the DOWN CURSOR to highlight "Pedal Mode: SETUP"
8. Use the INC/DEC buttons to select "SYSTEM"
9. Press F2/ZONE INFO to display "SYSTEM PEDAL"
10. Turn the DIAL to set the FC1 value to "CC11: EXPRESSION"
11. Press F1/TONE INFO to display "Are You Sure?"
12. Press ENTER to display "Writing..."
Your Expression Pedal will now function as a volume pedal.