TD-4: Using a CY-12R/C or CY-15R for 3-way ride trigger
The TD-4 supports 3-zone trigger capabilities when using the Roland CY-12R/C or CY-15R cymbal pads.
Here's how to connect the pad and make other important settings for optimum playability:
1. Connect the "RD" cable to the BOW/EDGE Output on the pad.
2. Connect the "CR2" cable to the BOW/BELL output.
3. Press the MENU button.
4. Press the "SEL" down button to select "PAD SETTINGS".
5. Press OK.
6. Press SEL down to select "CRASH 2 USAGE".
7. Turn the -/+ dial to choose "RIDE BELL".
8. Press SEL up or down to choose "PAD TYPE".
9. Hit the CY-12R/C,CY-15R pad.
10. Turn the -/+ dial to choose the appropriate pad type (CY-12R/C, CY-15R).
11. Press the MENU button to exit. The new settings are saved automatically.