DR-880: Inserting a Pattern in a Song
It is possible to insert a pattern into a song that has already been recorded. Use the following steps to do so:
1. Press the SONG button until "SONG" shows in the display.
2. Press the EDIT button.
3. Use the CURSOR Left or Right buttons < > to select the "SONG" icon.
4. Press ENTER.
5. Use the CURSOR Left or Right buttons < > to select the "STEP REC" icon.
6. Press ENTER.
7. Use the FAST FORWARD/REWIND << >> buttons to select the step at which you want to insert a pattern.
8. Press and hold SHIFT and press ENTER. The inserted step will automatically select the same pattern number as the one shown in step 7.
9. Turn the VALUE dial to select the desired pattern for
the newly inserted step.
10. If desired, repeat steps 7-8 to insert more patterns
11. Press EXIT once.
12. Press the CURSOR Left or Right buttons < > to select the "WRITE" icon.
13. Press ENTER twice - "now writing" will show in the display while the new inserted pattern(s) are stored.
14. Press EXIT twice to return to song "play" mode.