VR-760: Dividing the Keyboard
You can divide the keyboard into two ranges - Upper and Lower - and assign a different sound to your left and right hand. Use the following procedure to "split" the piano and strings we layered in the previous section (see "Layering the Keyboard"):
1. Press the SPLIT button so it's lit - the screen displays the instruments assigned to the upper and lower ranges of the keyboard.
2. Use the CURSOR buttons to highlight the upper, or "U," instrument.
3. Use INC and DEC to select PIANO.
4. CURSOR left to highlight the lower, or "L," instrument.
5. Use INC and DEC to select SYNTH.
The piano now plays on the right side of the keyboard and the strings play on the left side.
6. Press SPLIT so it's not lit to turn off splitting.