DR-880: Pattern Write (Saving a Pattern)
Once you've created or modified a pattern in the DR-880, you must write it to a user pattern location if you want to keep it. Use the following steps to save a pattern using the Write function:
1. Hold SHIFT and SONG to confirm youre in Pattern mode. If "Cancel Edit ?" shows in the display, press EXIT.
2. Press EDIT.
3. Use the CURSOR < > buttons to select "PATTERN."
4. Press ENTER.
5. Use the CURSOR < > buttons to select "WRITE."
6. Press ENTER.
7. Turn the VALUE dial to select a desired user pattern location (U001-U500).
8. Press ENTER "Now writing" appears in the display while the pattern is being stored.
9. When the writing process is complete, press EXIT twice.