DR-880: Selecting Chords in a Pattern
Here's how to select and change chords in a pattern:
1. Choose a pattern to edit.
2. Press EDIT.
3. Press the CURSOR left (<) button to choose the "PATTERN" icon, and then press ENTER.
4. Cursor to choose the "CHORD" icon, and then press ENTER.
5. Use the fwd/bkwd (<< >>) buttons to select the position and the VALUE dial to select the desired key for each measure in the pattern.
Tip: If you would like to move through the pattern in more detail, cursor up to "Qtz=" and turn the VALUE dial to adjust the value. (For more details on the quantize values, see page 58 in the DR-880 manual).
6. Press EXIT when you're finished.
If you want to save your new settings, make sure you store them to a user pattern location. Here's how.
1. Press EDIT.
2. Use the CURSOR > buttons to select "PATTERN."
3. Press ENTER.
4. Use the CURSOR > buttons to select "WRITE."
5. Press ENTER.
6. Turn the VALUE dial to select a desired user pattern location (U001-U500).
7. Press ENTER - "Now Writing" appears in the display while the pattern is being stored.
8. When the writing process is complete, press EXIT twice.