It's important to make periodic backups of your data as a safety precaution.The Song Backup function creates a copy of all parameter settings within a song (e.g. effect, fader, pan, setting) as well as all of the recorded audio track data within the song. Use the following steps to back up your projects to a computer.
- Connect the BR-1200CD and a computer with a standard A/B USB cable.
- Press the UTILITY button.
- Use the CURSOR buttons to select "USB" and then press ENTER.
- Use the CURSOR buttons to select "BACKUP" and then press ENTER. The BR-1200CD begins to communicate with your computer. When a connection with the computer has been established, the message changes to “Copy Song/Data Files to computer.”
Select all of the files and folders in the BR-1200CD's hard drive and copy them to your computer. This can be your Desktop or a backup folder that you have created.
- Windows—a window appears on your computer with the files and folders from the BR-1200CD's hard drive. If this window does not appear, click on the Windows (or Start) icon on the bottom-left of your computer screen and then select "My Computer" (or "Computer). The BR-1200CD (or "Removable Disk") icon will be in Devices with Removable Storage.
- Mac OS X—double-click on the "BR-1200CD" (or "Removable Disk") icon that is added to your computer's desktop.
Caution: Do not change the names or locations of any files or folders. Doing so will cause the backup to be non-recoverable.
As soon as the file transfer is complete, press EXIT on the BR-1200CD—"Disconnect USB OK?" appears on the BR-1200CD.
Press ENTER. The backup is complete.
Disconnect the USB cable.