DR-5: No Sound
If you are not able to hear the DR-5's instruments while monitoring through the Line or Phones output(s), check the following:
--Confirm that the Volume slider (on the side panel) is in the MAX position.
--If you're using a power supply, make sure it's the BOSS PSA-120. Using a universal power supply can not only cause faulty operation, it could possibly damage the DR-5.
If you're using batteries, swap them out for a fresh set.
--Check the TRACK MUTE function. If tracks are muted, they will not produce sound:
1. Hold SHIFT and press "UTIL."
2. Press CURSOR right until you see "Mute" and that the part (T1) is flashing.
3. Turn the value dial to view the Mute status for each part (ON/OFF).
4. If any parts are muted, press CURSOR right once so "ON" is flashing, and then turn the VALUE dial to select "OFF".
5. Repeat this for any remaining parts if necessary.
-- Confirm that the MIDI Volume level is up for each Track:
1. Hold SHIFT and press "MIDI."
2. Press CURSOR right until you see "Volume".
3. Press CURSOR right once more to select the Track Volume menu.
4. Press CURSOR right once so that the part (T1) is flashing.
5. Turn the value dial to view the Volume status for each part (OFF -127).
6. If the volume is off (or low) for any of the parts, press CURSOR right once, and then turn the VALUE dial to increase the level to 127.
7. Repeat this for any remaining parts if necessary.
Lastly, you can try a factory reset (initialization).
Caution; Performing a factory reset will erase all user created content and settings in the DR-5. Be sure to back up any information you wish to keep:
1. Power on while holding both the FRET < > buttons. - "SYSTEM Init?" appears in the display.
2. Press ENTER twice.
If you've tried all of these things and are still not able to hear any sounds from the DR-5, it may need service.