RD-700SX: Direct Access To All 16 Parts
By default, the RD-700SX is set up as a 16-part sound module PLUS a 5 part performance keyboard (Upper1, Upper2, Lower1, Lower2 plus the Rhythm part).
This is useful when you are using an external MIDI sequencer to play back a 16 part composition as the sequencer can control 16 instrument parts via the MIDI IN and you can access the 5 internal parts separately via the keyboard. In this mode, the two areas of the keyboard are separate and don't interfere with one another.
If, however, you wish to control the 16 MIDI parts from the RD-700SX itself (and also be able to access them through MIDI) use the following procedure to change the setting:
1. Press EDIT so it is lit.
2. Press the flashing PIANO tone button to select the SYSTEM menu.
3. Press ENTER.
4. Use the LEFT/RIGHT CURSOR buttons to select the menu with "PART MODE: 16 + PERF" at the bottom of the display.
5. Use the DOWN CURSOR button to highlight "PART MODE: 16 + PERF."
6. Use the INC/DEC buttons to select "16PART."
7. Press EXIT several times to return to the main menu.
NOTE: If you wish to make this change permanent, be sure to "WRITE" the changes.
8. Press F1 WRITE.
9. Press ENTER.