A song you’ve created can be inadvertently recorded over or unintentionally erased. To prevent such accidents, you can protect the song data from being rewritten (Song Protect). If Song Protect is enabled, the following operations cannot be performed:
• Track editing
• Changing the song name
• Song erase
• Rhythm editing
• Writing to the song effect patches
• Factory reset (SONG EFFECT/RHYTHM/ALL)
The following article will guide you through the steps for protecting or unprotecting a song:
- Press the [MENU] button.
- Use the CURSOR buttons to move the cursor to “SONG” and then press the [ENTER] button.
- Use the CURSOR buttons to move the cursor to “PROTECT” and then press the [ENTER] button. The SONG PROTECT screen will appear.
- Use the dial to select the “ON” to engage song protection or "OFF" to remove song protection.
- Press the [EXIT] button a number of times to return to the play screen. If a song is protected, the song protect symbol is shown
in the screen.