U-220: Initializing the U-220 - Restoring the Factory Settings
The following procedure can be used to clear the internal memory:
(CAUTION: All USER information will be lost. Be sure to back up any information you wish to keep.)
Original factory data for the U-220 must be loaded in via MIDI. There is a memory clearing function that returns most of the other parameters to their original factory settings. Use the following procedure to initialize the U-220:
1. Press JUMP and VALUE ^ simultaneously, to enter ROM Play Mode.
2. While holding MARK and JUMP, press ENTER.
3. While holding MARK, press PART INST <.
4. Press ENTER, then press the VALUE ^ button.
5. While holding MARK and JUMP, press EXIT.
Use the following procedure to load the factory settings by sending MIDI sysex data into the U-220:
1. Turn the U-220 on.
2. Connect a MIDI cable from the MIDI out of the sending device to the MIDI in of the U-220.
3. Begin sending the factory data from the external MIDI device. When data is being received by the U-220, the display will read: "Receiving SysEx."
When the display returns to the patch window, VALUE up or down to confirm that new data has loaded in. If you do not have the new patches, use the following steps to confirm that the U-220 is properly set-up to accept sysex MIDI data:
1. Press EDIT.
2. CURSOR to "Setup" and press ENTER.
3. CURSOR to "MIDI" and press ENTER.
4. CURSOR to "RX SysEx = ?" and use the VALUE buttons to select "On."
5. CURSOR to "RXSysEx Device ID = ?" and use the VALUE buttons to select "17."