The AR-2000 is capable of recording MIDI as well as audio messages. Audio messages are recorded from a mic or line input. MIDI messages are recorded from the MIDI IN connector. Use the following procedure to record MIDI messages:
1. Press MODE. The MODE indicator will light.
2. Use the SELECT dial to select "6.1 MIDI REC."
3. Press the SELECT dial.
4. Use the SELECT dial to select the MIDI recording mode.
5. Press the SELECT dial.
6. Use the SELECT dial to select "SET." If you select "EXIT," the setting will be canceled. Audio recording is not possible while MIDI recording is enabled.
7. Press ENTER. Now MIDI messages can be recorded.
8. Press MODE. The MODE indicator will go out.