XP-30: Splitting the Keyboard With Two Sounds
In Performance Mode it is possible to split the keyboard. Follow these steps to set up a split with two sounds:
1. Press PERFORM.
2. Turn the VALUE Dial to select "PR-A: 12 Pop Set 1."
3. While holding SHIFT press SOLO so that "LAYER" appears in the right side of the display.
4. With the EDIT button not lit, press the PART 2/10 button so that both the PART 1/9 and 2/10 buttons are lit.
NOTE: This enables the keyboard to play PART 1 and 2 at the same time.
5. Press EDIT so that it is lit.
6. Press the PART 1/9 button for the "PERFORM COMMON" settings.
7. CURSOR Down to "PART KEY RANG."
8. Press EDIT so that it is not lit.
9. Press the PART 1/9 button to select PART 1.
10. Using the CURSOR Right and Left buttons and the VALUE Dial, set "Lower" to the desired split point. Use C4 for to set the split at Middle C.
11. Press the PART 2/10 button to select PART 2.
12. Using the CURSOR Right and Left buttons and the VALUE Dial, set "Upper" to set the desired split point. Use B3 to set the split at Middle C.
NOTE: You will now have the sound on Part 1 playing on the right half of the keyboard and the sound on Part 2 will play on the left half of the keyboard.
13. To select the sounds on each part, Hold PERFORM and press PATCH so they are both lit.
14. Use the CURSOR Left button to select "Part=1."
15. Turn the VALUE Dial to select the desired Patch for the right half of the keyboard.
16. Use the CURSOR Right button to select "PART=2."
17. Turn the VALUE Dial to select the desired Patch for the left half of the keyboard.
18. Press PERFORM so PERFORM is lit and PATCH is not lit. You can now hear both sounds together.
NOTE: By repeating steps 4-18 for additional Parts, it is possible to add additional Patches, each playing on their own key ranges or layered together to play on the same key range.
NOTE: See Help Desk entry "Saving a Patch/Rhythm Kit or Performance to Memory" for the steps to save this Performance to the User memory.