AX-7: Assigning the D Beam Controller
The D Beam Controller can be assigned to play arpeggios, chords, single notes, or various MIDI controller change messages. Use the following procedure to set up the D Beam Controller:
1. Press CONTROL so its lit. As the display is flashing, use the DOWN and UP buttons to select dbn.
2. Press KEYBOARD MODE LOWER and/or UPPER to select the zone(s) you wish to control.
3. Use the DOWN and UP buttons to select the desired setting. Choices include:
Ar1, Ar2, Ar3Arpeggiator, set to 1, 2 or 3 octaves
CrdD Beam plays a chord
ntED Beam plays a note
11u/11d Expression, useful for fading sounds in or out
16u/16d-19u/19d, 71u/71d-78u/78d Assigns D Beam to Control Change Numbers 16-19 or 71-78
Note: For each controller, theres a u version and a d version. With the u version, the controllers value increases as you move your hand towards the D Beam. With the d version, the controllers value decreases as you move your hand closer to the D Beam.
4. Press CONTROL so its not lit when youve finished making your selection.
5. Press the D Beam ON/OFF button so its lit, and move your hand over the D Beam to trigger the effect youve selected.
Note: The D Beam settings are saved as part of a patch, so dont forget to write your current settings as a patch to memory if you want to save them. See "Writing Patches."