FP-2: Splitting the Keyboard
The FP-2 allows you to divide, or split, the keyboard into two different upper and lower areas. This is called Split Play, with a lower tone beneath your left hand and an upper tone beneath the right. Use the following procedure to create a split:
1. Press the PIANO button.
2. Press the SPLIT button so its indicator is lit.
3. While holding down the SPLIT button, press a key on the keyboard to select it as the split point. (F#3 is default split point.)
4. Use the + and - buttons to select the upper tone.
5. To select a different lower tone, press and hold the SPLIT button and then press the desired TONE bank button. To select a different variation from the selected tone bank, press and hold the TONE button and use the + and buttons.
6. Turn the BALANCE knob to adjust the volume balance between the upper and lower keyboard areas.
7. When youre finished, press the SPLIT button so its not lit.