SPD-S: Assigning MIDI Note Numbers to the Pads
Use the following steps to assign the MIDI note numbers for each pad in a Patch of the SPD-S:
1. Press the PATCH button so it is lit.
2. Press EDIT.
3. Press PAGE right (>) to select "PAD CONTROL."
4. Press ENTER.
5. Press PAGE right (>) to select "Note #."
6. Hit the pad that you'd like to assign a specific note number to. By default, the note numbers are 60-68 starting from pad 1.
7. Press the + or - button to select the desired note number.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for any remaining pads.
9. Press EXIT when you're finished. The new settings are saved in the patch automatically.