VS-2480, VS-2480CD: Using Automix Gradation on Channel-Linked Tracks
The VS-2480 Automix Gradation function will allow a smooth transition between two different automix snapshot values. This is useful if you are trying to fade-in or fade-out on a specific pair of tracks. After channel-linking the desired tracks, use the following procedure to apply Automix Gradation to those channel-linked tracks:
1. Press AUTOMIX. The AUTOMIX button lights up.
2. Hold down the AUTOMIX button and press the desired AUTOMIX CH EDIT button(s) until they turn red.
3. Hold the AUTOMIX button and press the red REC button; the words "AUTOMIX REC" should be flashing at the top of the screen.
4. Go to the point you wish to start the gradation and press the IN button. Move the faders to the desired level, then take the snapshot by holding AUTOMIX and pressing TAP.
5. Go to the point you wish to end the gradation and press the OUT button. Move the faders to the desired level and take the Snapshot by holding AUTOMIX and pressing TAP.
6. Hold SHIFT and press AUTOMIX. Press F1 [EDIT].
7. Press F1 [TARGET]. Use the TIME/VALUE dial or CURSOR to select "TRACK MIXER : OFFSET LEVEL". Press ENTER.
8. Use the up and down CURSOR buttons and F3 [MARK] to choose the tracks to be effected by the gradation (a check mark will be displayed next to the chosen tracks). The Automix Track edit buttons will light yellow.
9. Press the AUTOMIX GRADATION button. A Pop up screen will display the corresponding IN and OUT times. Select the desired curve by using the CURSOR buttons and the TIME/VALUE dial.
10. Press ENTER. You should now see your gradated curve. Press DISPLAY/HOME to return to play condition.
NOTE: The same procedure can be used with unlinked tracks except TARGET would be TRACK LEVEL isntead of OFFSET LEVEL in step 7.