GR-20: No Synthesizer Sound from the GR-20
If no synthesizer sound is being heard from the GR-20, use the following checklist for trouble shooting:
1. Make sure that you are connected to your amp (or mixer) using the "L/PHONES", or "R/MONO OUTPUT" - not the GUITAR OUTPUT. (The GUITAR OUTPUT will only produce your "dry" or unprocessed guitar sound).
2. Make sure that your sensitivity settings have been adjusted accordingly. Refer to "Adjusting the Input Sensitivity (GK SENS) in the GR-20 manual, or "Setting
Sensitivity" in this help desk.
3. Is your GK pickup switch set to "SYNTH?"
4. Check your GK cable. Is it properly connected at both ends?
5. Is your amplifier or mixer's volume turned up? Try connecting headphones into the L/PHONES OUTPUT jack on the GR-20.
6. Is the VOLUME/EXP PEDAL in a "forward" position on the GR-20?
7. Make sure the VOLUME CONTROL knob is up on both the GR-20 and the GK Pickup.