VSR-880: Updating the VSR-880 with SMFs
The VSR-880 can be user-updated with Standard MIDI Files (SMF). The update is provided as 16 separate SMFs. The following tools are required:
* MIDI Sequencer that can load and play back SMFs
* MIDI Cable
* VSR-880 Update files
1. Connect the MIDI Out of the sequencer to the MIDI In of the VSR-880.
2. Hold down Track 7 STATUS/CH. EDIT and LOCATOR/EFFECT-1 while powering on the VSR-880. "Update SysPRG?" will be displayed.
3. Press YES. the message "Waiting MIDI-EX" will be displayed.
4. Load and play all of the song files from the sequencer in order. After all SMFs have been played into the VSR-880, "Update SysPRG?" will be displayed.
5. Press YES. The message "Please Reboot OK" will be displayed.
6. Power off and back on the VSR-880 to complete the update.