XV-88: Modifying the Velocity Settings of the Keyboard
You can adjust the XV-88 response to how soft or hard you play the keyboard. This can improve the keyboard response to your particular playing style.
Follow these steps to edit the System Velocity parameters:
1. Press SYSTEM.
2. Press the Part 3/11 button under the display.
3. CURSOR UP or DOWN to select "KEYBOARD."
4. CURSOR LEFT or RIGHT to select "Sens."
5. Turn the VALUE dial to select the desired sensitivity.
NOTE: Try using the LIGHT or MEDIUM settings if your playing style is relatively light. Try using HEAVY or FULL if your playing style is relatively heavy.
6. CURSOR RIGHT to "Vel."
7. Turn the VALUE dial to select "REAL."
NOTE: By setting "Vel" to "REAL," the keyboard will respond to changes in how soft or hard you play the keyboard. You can set the velocity response to a fixed value by setting "Vel" between "1", for very low velocity, and "127" for very high velocity.