The Tempo Sync feature in the SPD-SX lets you sync any waves that you have playing in the kit to the master Kit tempo. When the Tempo Sync switch is set to "on" for a pad, the wave(sound) assigned to that pad will playback at the tempo that's been specified in the Kit. Here's how to turn on the Tempo Sync switch for pads in a kit.
1. Choose a Kit to edit.
2. Press MENU.
3. Cursor to highlight the "PAD" icon, and then press ENTER.
4. Press the cursor down button to select the TEMPO SYNC field.
5. Hit the pad that you want to turn on the Tempo Sync for.
6. Press the + button to choose "ON."
7. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for any other pads as desired.
8. Press EXIT once.
9. Press cursor left to highlight the KIT icon and then press ENTER.
10. Press cursor down to select the KIT TEMPO field.
11. Press the + or - buttons to set the desired master tempo for the Kit.
12. Press KIT when you're finished. The new settings are saved in the kit automatically.
When you now play each of the pads that have the Tempo Sync switch turned on, they will play at the Kit Tempo.
Note: The Tempo Sync feature uses "Time stretching" to play the wave at the new tempo without effecting its pitch. Depending on how far the tempo is changed from the original tempo, the sound quality of the wave may be effected.