VS-890, VS-880EX, VS-880: Using Auto Punch
Setting up auto punch is made simple on the VS-880/880EX/890 when using locator points to establish the beginning and the end of the recorded area. Use the following procedure for programming the Auto Punch feature on the VS-880/880EX/890:
1. Advance the song to the point where the Auto Punch is to begin.
2. Press LOC 1/5 to set the punch-in point.
3. Advance the song to the point where the Auto Punch is to end.
4. Press LOC 2/6 to set the punch-out point.
5. While holding down AUTO PUNCH press LOC 1/5, and then LOC 2/6.
6. To perform the Auto-Punch, press the [AUTO PUNCH] button until it is lit.
7. Rewind the song to a point before punch-in point.
8. Hold down the REC transport button and press the STATUS button for tracks you're recording on.
9. Press REC and PLAY transport button to record.
NOTE: The REC transport LED will flash red until the punch-in point. The LED will be solid when it actually goes into record.