GR-20: Selecting and Auditioning Patches
The GR-20s preset Patches are grouped in ten Banks by type, with individual patches numbered within each Bank. Use the following steps to select and try out some of the patches in the GR-20:
1. Turn the LEVEL (volume) knob on the GR-20s back panel to MAX.
2. Turn the GK-3s pickup volume clockwise.
3. Turn the BANK dial to select PIANO.
4. Turn the VALUE dial to select 06.
5. Confirm that the GR-20s EXP pedal is in the toe forward position.
6. Now play your guitar. Experiment with your playing technique. Try plucking the strings instead of strumming.
7. Now turn the BANK dial to select ORGAN/Kb and turn the VALUE dial to select 01.
8. Play your guitar. While youre playing the patch use the EXP pedal to control the rotary speaker effect.
9. Turn the BANK dial to select RHYTHM/PERC and the VALUE dial to 31.
10. Play the Low E string and then press and hold the HOLD pedal. While the loop is playing back, play the other strings.
11. Continue to select and audition other great patches in the GR-20 if desired.
Tip: You can also use the S1 / S2 buttons on the GK to scroll through patches.