TD-4: Assigning a MIDI Note Number for a Pad
By default, MIDI note numbers are pre-assigned to the pads in the kits of the TD-4. Use the following steps if you'd like to change the MIDI note number assigments:
1. Choose a drum kit to edit.
2. Press the MENU button.
3. Press the SEL down button to choose "MIDI."
4. Press OK.
5. Hit the pad you want to change.
6. Turn the +/- dial to choose the midi note number.
7. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for any remaining desired pads.
8. Press MENU when you're finished. The new settings are saved in the kit automatically.