SPD-SX: Assigning MIDI Note Numbers to Pads
A MIDI note is sent through the MIDI OUT port (or USB port) when you strike a pad. Similarly, the SPD-SX's sounds (waves) can be triggered when a MIDI note is received. Here's how to assign the desired MIDI note numbers to a pad.
1. Press MENU.
2. Cursor to highlight "KIT," and then press ENTER.
3. Press the F3 (Function) button below the display to select "MIDI."
4. Cursor to "MIDI NOTE#."
5. Strike the pad to which you'd like to assign a MIDI note number.
6. Press +/- to select the desired MIDI note number.
7. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 to assign MIDI notes to other pads.
8. Press EXIT twice when you're finished—the new settings are saved to the kit automatically.