VS-2000CD: Inserting an Effect on an Input
There are two types of effects: loop effects and insert effects. Loop effects are time-based effects such as reverbs and delays and utilize the FX buss. Dynamic effects, such as compressors and guitar amp simulators, can be inserted. There are two procedures needed to add effects: choosing the effect and applying it. Inserting the effect in the Input Mixer allows for the effect to be recorded on the way into the VS-2000CD.
Choosing the effect:
1. Hold down the SHIFT button and press the F3[EFFECT] button.
2. Select which processor you want to use. If you only have one effects board in the unit, you will choose between FX1 and FX2.
3. Press F1 to select "Patch".
4. Use the TIME/VALUE dial to highlight the desired effect.
5. Press F5 for "Select" to choose that highlighted effect.
6. Press HOME to return to the main screen.
Apply the effect:
1. Press the input button for which input you wish to add the effect. It's located below the input gain knob. This will take you to the Input Mixer screen for that input.
2. Cursor to the FX INS box and press ENTER[YES].
3. Cursor to the processor you assigned the effect to, for instance, FX1 or FX2.
4. Use the TIME/VALUE dial to change the processor from "OFF" to "INS".
5. Press the HOME button to return to the main screen.