Each pad can be assigned to transmit on a different MIDI channel in a Drum Kit. This includes having a different channel assigned for the head and rim individually. Use the following steps to assign a specific MIDI channel to a pad:
- Select a Drum Kit to edit.
- Press the INST button.
- Press F3 twice.
- Press CURSOR UP or Down to select "TX Channel".
- Press the TRIGGER SELECT LOCK button so it is un-lit.
- Hit the pad to be set. If assigning the Head, hit the head portion of the pad. If assigning the Rim, hit the rim of the pad.
- Turn the VALUE dial to select a desired MIDI channel.
- Repeat steps 6-7 for the remaining pads if desired.
- Press KIT when finished. The assignments are stored into the kit automatically.
NOTE: These assignments can be different for each Drum Kit. If you select a different Kit, assignments from the previous Kit will not be carried over.