It's possible to save all of your custom settings and wave files in the SPD-SX to an external USB flash drive.
1. Connect your USB flash drive to the USB MEMORY connector on the back panel of the SPD-SX.
2. Press MENU.
3. Cursor to the "UTIL" icon and then press ENTER.
4. Press cursor down to highlight SAVE (USB MEM)and then press ENTER.
5. Press cursor down to highlight "ALL," and then press ENTER. "SAVE AS" appears in the display.
6. Press ENTER.
7. Use the cursor buttons and the +/- buttons to choose the characters for the name of your backup.
8. Press ENTER twice.
The amount of time it takes to save the data depends on how much data you have stored in the SPD-SX. When the backup process is complete, the SPD-SX will return to the main menu.