MC-808: Importing WAV/AIFF Files From a Computer
1. Connect the MC-808 to your computer via USB and press [SYSTEM].
2. While holding [SHIFT], press Pad 8 (USB).
3. Set USB Mode to "Storage".
4. [CURSOR] right twice to select "USB Storage" and press [ENTER].
5. Select whether you want the MC-808's "Internal" or "Card" storage to appear on your computer. Press [ENTER]. The screen will read "SYSTEM:USB:STORAGE Connected".
6. Go to your computer. If any windows pop up, close them. On Macs, "MC808 USER" (or "MC808 CARD") will show up as a drive on your desktop. On PCs, it will appear in your "My Computer" folder.
7. Double-click the MC808 drive. Inside you will find two folders named "ROLAND" and "TMP". Double-click the TMP folder. Inside you will find two more folders named "AUDIO_IMPORT" and "SMF".
8. Drag your .WAV or AIFF files (16-bit, 44.1kHz ONLY) into the AUDIO_IMPORT folder.
9. Eject the MC-808 drive from your computer. On Macs, drag the drive to the trash. On PCs, click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
10. On the MC-808, press [EXIT] twice.
11. Press the appropriate Group button ([USER] or [CARD]) and then [PATCH/SAMPLE].
12. While holding [SHIFT], press Pad 13 (IMPORT). You should see the name of one of your samples. If the screen says "(EMPTY)", repeat steps 1-11.
13. Select which sample(s) you wish to import and press [ENTER] twice. The samples will now show up in the USAM bank of patches.