It is possible to turn off all the "arranger" parts of the BK-7M and use it as a "drum machine" only.
Use the following procedure to turn off all the arranger parts (except the drum part) and save this setting in the GLOBAL memory:
1. Press MENU so it is lit.
2. Turn the VALUE DIAL to underline "Global" and then press the DIAL to display the "Global" menu.
3. Turn the DIAL to underline "Style/SMF TrackMute" and then press the DIAL to display the "Style Track Mute" menu.
NOTE: You should see a row of eight horizontal bars above a row of 6 letter "M" icons.
4. Turn the DIAL so that "Abas:------------" is displayed underneath the menu title.
5. Press the DIAL to highlight your selection and then turn the DIAL to display the letter "M" in that spot.
6. Press the flashing EXIT button one time.
7. Turn the DIAL clockwise to underline "SaveGlobal" and press the DIAL to display the "SaveGlobal" menu.
8. Turn the DIAL to highlight "YES" and then press the DIAL to display "Executing."
NOTE: When the "SaveGlobal" function is finished, "OK, Write complete" will be displayed.
9. Press EXIT several times to return to the main display.
10. Press the TRACK MUTE button to mute all the arranger parts so that only the drums will play.
NOTE: The BK-7M will remember these settings even if the unit is turned off. From now on, you will only need to press the TRACK MUTE button to silence all the instrument parts except the drums.