When using MIDI, you must match the MIDI channel of the SPD-SX with your external device. From the factory, the SPD-SX's MIDI channel is set to channel 10. If you need to change the MIDI channel to something other than 10, follow these steps.
1. Press the MENU button.
2. Press the Function 2(F2) button below the display to highlight the "SETUP" icon, and then press ENTER.
3. Use the cursor buttons to highlight "MIDI," and then press ENTER.
4. Press the cursor up button to choose "GLOBAL CH."
5. Press the + or - button to choose the desired channel (OFF, 1-16).
6. Press EXIT when you're finished. The new setting is saved automatically.