GR-55: To Send MIDI Notes from the GR-55
By default, the GR-55's Guitar-MIDI switch is turned off. To send MIDI notes from the GR-55's USB port or MIDI output, this switch must be turned on.
Here's how to do this.
1. Press EDIT.
2. Press the right-hand PAGE button to the select the SYSTEM tab.
3. Use the cursor buttons to highlight "MIDI/USB," and then press ENTER.
4. Use the PAGE buttons to display the GTR-MIDI tab.
5. Use the cursor buttons to highlight "SWITCH."
6. Turn the dial clockwise to select "ON."
7. Press EXIT when you're finished—the new setting is saved automatically.