GR-30: Controlling the GR-30 With An Expression Pedal
The Roland GR-30 allows you to control one of several parameters in real time
by using an expression pedal such as the Roland EV-5. Controllable parameters
include Volume, Panning, Tone Balance, Effect Level and Arpeggiator Tempo, as
well as other parameters. Use the following procedure to program the expression
1) Connect an expression pedal, such as the EV-5, to the EXP PEDAL jack on the
back of the GR-30.
2) Use the EDIT TARGET dial to select FOOT PEDAL.
3) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select [D] for EXP PEDAL.
4) Press the EDIT/PLAY button.
5) Use the [-] or [+] buttons to select the parameter you wish to control
using the expression pedal.
6) Use the expression pedal while playing your guitar to monitor the results
of your editing.
7) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select 'WRITE TO' and use the [-] or [+]
buttons to select a Patch location. (Remember that this procedure will
overwrite the old Patch in this location).
8) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select 'WRITE PATCH' and press the [-] and
[+] buttons simultaneously to WRITE the patch into memory.